Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

messerjc
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Power BI Report Server - May release on time?

Sorry, I'm going to be that guy - it's May 1st! How's the timetable looking for the May 2019 release of PBIRS?

I have time scheduled out for a QA upgrade by the end of May, and then the Prod upgrade in June if QA goes well, so any info you can share about the release looking on (or off) track would be very helpful. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CurtisGregson

11 REPLIES 11
CurtisGregson

Check out this link.

May 2019 PowerBI Report Server was just posted..

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/May-release-of-PowerBI-Report-Server-Posted/m-p/69743...

Nice, I like to be proven wrong when it means something is 2 days earlier 🙂

Samyuktaj
Employee
Employee

Ahh not quite unfortunately, I need to give some of you other folks a chance to find any early bugs before I feel ready to start putting it out there. 🙂  Looking like early June QA, mid-June Prod for us if all works well...too many other ducks I have to line up first! But hey, there's some good stuff in there, I'm very happy we're also getting the performance analyzer. I suspected that might not make it to Report Server for another release or two.

stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@chrisfin  has just posted on the feedback for the may desktop releasy

"We always release in January, May and September - so it's coming real soon!"

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-2019-feature-summary/

He likes "New Feature Friday!" so I'm guessing it will be 24th or 31st.

LOL - I like new features, Friday just happens to be a day I can make sure normally people aren't blogging at the same time.

shanecwu
Helper I
Helper I

I was almost "that guy" too, but decided to be patient for a couple of weeks.  And you should not feel the need to apologize, RS updates have historically been delayed, not to mention the fact that upcoming RS features are not even identified on the roadmap.

Thanks for being that guy @messerjc!

messerjc
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

*Bump*  No news from anyone out there? Not just asking the Microsoft folks, asking any other users out there too who might have stumbled into info about the next release. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone heard a word on this?

Still nothing on my end either...starting to get a little twitchy about my deployment timelines.

There are still a couple of weeks left in May... The Report Server PM made a cryptic comment on twitter about it being time to prepare a video this weekend so I'd hope this is in relation to the May release. I'd also just keep an eye on the Power BI blog https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ they are unlikely to announce something on this forum that has not already been officially announced there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.