Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sudhavi_84
Helper V
Helper V

Power BI Report Server License type

Hi Experts,

I am bit new to Power BI Report Server. Very basic question. In our organisation we using Power BI Report Server. But I don't know which license type we are using. I tried to ask Admin but he couldn't find as well. I tried in Power BI Desktop and still no luck.

How can we find it out whether it is Enterprose SQL Server License with Software Assurance or Power BI Premium Capacity?

We have SSMS using it already and in Report server I import the data from SQL.

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3
Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I would check with your IT procurement person. Other options:

1. Ask your Power BI admin. If you have access, you can check Power BI Service for workspaces that have a diamond next to them.

2. Ask your Microsoft account representative.

Thank you will check that one with Microsoft Account Represenative.:)

We are not using Power BI Service.. so our reports deploy in Prod Server and we view the reports through Web Server only.

If your organization don't have Power BI Service licence (premium per capacity), only another option is SQL Server Enterprise Edition with SA. 

Current assigned licence to PBIRS is visible Edition in "Report Server Configuratin Manager" on server machine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.