Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JesusDB
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI Report Server January 2019. Possible issue with the ‘Action’ property of buttons

I have installed Power BI Report Server. I have a Button with the property ‘Action’ set to ‘Bookmark’. In Power BI Desktop RS (January 2019) it works as expected (Ctr + Click) but in the portal doesn´t run, nothing happens neither with click nor Ctrl + Click.

Thanks in advance.

The problem is very simple, although I've attached an image.

IssueAction.PNG

14 REPLIES 14
JesusDB
Advocate I
Advocate I

Now it´s working in every browser I use: Chrome, Edge, Firefox and IExplore.

(I don´t know the cause, but it has been working since months ago. Sorry because I haven’t written before)

Alex16s
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I’ve got the same issue with my pbirs. Tried on chrome, edge, and ie and no solution.
All my report is based on navigation with bookmarks, it’s a very big issue. Do you you how we can contact MS to formally inform them ? In previous version it was working fine.
I really don’t know how is MS testing program, but every time i’am really afraid of doing updates. They should improve it, or add beta user as testers.

I've just been testing the Jan 2019 PBIRS release on our dev server and was checking this forum to see if anyone else had come across any issues. I've just tested a report with a drillthrough page that has a back button and a button that has an action pointing to a bookmark. Both of these tests worked fine for me in both IE and Chrome. Have you tried deleting temporary internet files in your browser(s)? 

Hi,

Not working on all browsers including after i cleared cache and all temp items.

Just for you to understand, it's not back or forward actions, but bookmarks. Perhaps it's another bug ?

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Hmm, I tested bookmark actions too and they are working fine in our environment. You may have to raise a support case to see if a support engineer can help solve this. Have you tried opening the dev tools in Chrome to see if there are any errors being logged to the javascript console? If there is anything there that might give a hint as to what's going wrong. 

When you go to http://<your server>/reportserver what version number do you see at the bottom of the page? Is it "Microsoft Power BI Report Server Version 15.0.1102.222" (just wondering if the update worked properly)

Hi,

First of all, i want to thank you for your help.

I solded this issue by doing all those steps :

- Uninstall PowerBi Report Server

- Restart

- Install PowerBI Report Server

- Restart

- Cleared cache on all browser

Actually it work fine. Can't expalin why it did not work before but actually it's working fine.

Thank you again.

Alex

Cool, glad to hear you figured this out. I've now upgraded 4 different environments and luckily they've all gone smoothly without the need to uninstall first. Are you able to mark your previous answer as the solution as it may help anyone else that hits this issue?

mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

@JesusDB can you try clearing your browser cache and see if that resolves the issue? Thanks!

Actually, I had this problem before also but the bookmarks now work in both Chrome and Edge for me. Tested today

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue too,

COnditional formating is also not working on the chart visual, the chart goes blank and the color for other visuals are also messed up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys!

We installed the 2019 january update, then, like the others published our reports with the new Power BI Desktops.
The bookmarks, we use to switch view on our reports, stopped working, please fix this issue.

Can I get a confirmation, that bookmarks work in previous version of the Desktop app?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also facing the similar problem

igorventura
Frequent Visitor

We're having the same issue. When we upload a report created in the newly version (january 2019), the bookmars stop working on the Power BI Report Server. They work just fine on the desktop version.

If we upload a working report created on the previous version (august 2018) the bookmaks work just fine in the report server.

Hello,

After some more tests, we find out that we were getting issues while using the reports in Chrome. By accessing the report in other browser (IE / Firefox) there was no problems with macros. 

Not every users we tested had this issue with Chrome, but we didn't find a cause to the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.