Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Report Server - Get number of User Sessions/ Report Views/ Frequency of Usage for a Report

Hi,

As I can see, there is no specific field that tracks User Sessions on Power BI Report Server.

There is no log out option for the user on the web-portal either.

Similarly, I found the logs very confusing and I m not sure if the approach taken to count total number of Report Views is Correct.

I m inferring count of distinct execution ids where ItemAction != "SaveToCatalog" and  != "DataRefresh" from ExecutionLog3 as total number of Report Views. Is this correct?

I intend to track the frequency of access to a report by users and track the total number of views by each user.

Is there a way I can get the total number of user sessions and frequency of usage.

Thanks & regards,
Mannu

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I created several stored procedures and built a report dashboard that would display this information.  I scripted out the stored procedures and was going to upload them but I do not see that option.  Send me an email and I will send them to you.

Kevin

kevjoh99@outlook.com

ratushny@live.ru

Please, would be wery helpful !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.