Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

annwallinger

Power BI Report Server Filter Pane Missing Scrollbar

Greetings,

I am using the new eval of the Power BI Report Server (the one that looks like SSRS 2016) and when I am working in the portal with Power BI reports and click to expand the filter area, if there are more filter options than fit on the report, I am not able to see them all. There is no scroll bar available to get to the ones that are 'off screen'.

10 REPLIES 10
biggles1701
Regular Visitor

I would be interested in a solution to this issue as well. I have customers of my reports and I also troubleshoot people generating reports - everyone would like to see a scrollbar added to the Report Server visualization pane if it were possible to add this function.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue is fixed with the March 2018 release.

Hi @Anonymous,

Are you sure this is fixed with March release?

I tried and still dont find the scroll bar. Can you please give me some screen shots.

I redployed the report with March 2018 desktop for RS and then tried to see from RS, still see the issue.

Please guide.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @manalla,

Yes, I confirm this issue is fixed in Report Server's March 2018 release. Please make sure to clear your browser's cache.

filters_scrollbar.png

Thanks @Anonymous, after clearing chache i could see the scroll bar.

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @annwallinger ,

We have noticed the same problem, especially when there are lots of Visual Filter elements shown on the page. This is a useability problem, which could if not fixed really start to limit the use of PBI functionality.

We are Using the Oct 2017 release of desktop and RS.

The only fix I can see at the moment is to select the page which hides the Visual filters,or not have so many filters defined. Neither are really acceptable.

Regards

Rob 

cbriglia
Helper I
Helper I

Was this ever fixed? Still can't seem to find a scroll bar.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @annwallinger,

I could reproduce the same problem as yours. I have sent an email to consult with PG about this behavior. Once I get response from hime, I will update my reply here.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Yuliana,

Do you have any update on this issue?  Thanks.

Hello, do you have an update on this issue?  Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.