Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sevenhills
Super User
Super User

Power BI Report Server - Excel file size hosting ... How to Increase the Maximum file size?

Hi

I downloaded and installed Power BI Report Server

1) How to increase the maximum file size?

I am planning to host Excel file. Currently I am looking for changing the file size.

I have around 200MB+ Excel files...

For SharePoint 2013, we can do like ... https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sammykailini/2013/11/06/how-to-increase-the-maximum-upload-size-...

2) In general, where can I find the documentation on configuration and its customization .... 

Thanks

SV

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sevenhills,

In SQL Server Management Studio, connect to your Power BI Report Server instance, right click this instance, open its server properties, there is a MaxFileSizeMb property under Advanced tab that allows you to limit the file size uploaded to report server.

But it seems that the maximum file size is 100MB.

Reference: Setting a maximum file size in SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply.

I hope they will change to 2GB. We are trying to host (pure) Excel files of size 200MB+ on the Power BI Report server.

Hi @sevenhills,

You could submit this request at idea page: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve the level of our products.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors