Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Report Server Evaluation to full version

Hello,

I installed the Power Bi Report Server as Evaluation and i know we are coming up close to its end... wondering, once we get the license, where on Power BI Report server do i apply the license purchased?

also we have office 365 and have power BI basic, shouldnt we get power bi report server with it then? if so how do we acquire the license?

thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous wrote:

I installed the Power Bi Report Server as Evaluation and i know we are coming up close to its end... wondering, once we get the license, where on Power BI Report server do i apply the license purchased?

I think you might have to run the installer again and change the edition on the first page of the installer, going to add/remove programs and choosing the change option from there might work too.

also we have office 365 and have power BI basic, shouldnt we get power bi report server with it then? if so how do we acquire the license?

No. The only way to license the on-prem report server is to either purchase premium capacity in Power BI (you then get reciprocal rights to install the same number of on-prem cores of PBI Report Server) or you have to have an Enterprise license of SQL Server with Software Assurance (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/get-started#licensing-power-bi-report-server)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.