Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Report Server Detecting Incorrect Connection String for REST API Request

I am trying to use the on-demand refresh in Power BI to refresh data from a REST API. I use a combination of simple direct requests and queries that loop through the pages. The refresh now feature works in Power BI Service because the app detects the correct connection string containing all the required endpoints, but this is not the case in Power BI Report Server.

When I look at the connection string in Power BI report server, the required endpoint is missing. Since there is a required endpoint for this specific API request we see a bad request on the server because Power BI report server only detects the connection string as “URL” and not “URL?required=1”, the required url. I’ve tried rewriting my queries in many ways, but nothing seems to work and there’s no way to manually edit the connection string in Power BI Report Server. Has anyone faced this problem?

PowerBI8.25.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.