cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lherbert502 Member

Power BI Report Server/Desktop installation

Hi there,

I was just wondering if somebody could help me with an installation query for the report server and desktop

Can I install the desktop client MSI that comes with the Report Server install and they will both be in sync, or do we need to install the desktop version from here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494?

Thanks in advance

Liam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Power BI Report Server/Desktop installation

Don't use that link you posted. That is for the cloud version and will be out of synch with Report Server.

You should use the download link in the top navigation bar of the Report Server Portal. That should always point you to the installer for the version of desktop that matches the Report Server instance.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Don't use that link you posted. That is for the cloud version and will be out of synch with Report Server.

You should use the download link in the top navigation bar of the Report Server Portal. That should always point you to the installer for the version of desktop that matches the Report Server instance.

View solution in original post

lherbert502 Member

Thanks for the reply. All sorted, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!