Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Report Server/Desktop installation

Hi there,

I was just wondering if somebody could help me with an installation query for the report server and desktop

Can I install the desktop client MSI that comes with the Report Server install and they will both be in sync, or do we need to install the desktop version from here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494?

Thanks in advance

Liam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Don't use that link you posted. That is for the cloud version and will be out of synch with Report Server.

You should use the download link in the top navigation bar of the Report Server Portal. That should always point you to the installer for the version of desktop that matches the Report Server instance.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Don't use that link you posted. That is for the cloud version and will be out of synch with Report Server.

You should use the download link in the top navigation bar of the Report Server Portal. That should always point you to the installer for the version of desktop that matches the Report Server instance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. All sorted, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.