Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AgnesB
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server Branding

Hi,

After I updated the Power BI Report server to September 2022, a new button and drop down menu appeared when the current size of the browser window is not large enough to write out the full path and report name. Until the May 2022 Version, the report name is not written out fully in case the complete path is too long, and gets cut down with "..." . This seemed to have been changed from September, as now the report name is written out completely, and the path itself is shortened to a new menu with a new button "[...]" and a dropdown for navigation, see screenshot. This only appears if the browser window is not large enough to show the full path. 

AgnesB_0-1666707915708.png

My issue is that i can't seem to change the color of this new button or the color of the dropdown navigation behind it. 

I have changed all the previuosly known json parameters in the colors file of my branding to anything but black and the button / dropdown menu still stays black.

AgnesB_1-1666708136202.png

How should I change the color of this specific button? Is there a new json command that did not exist previously which is controlling it? Or is it a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AgnesB
Frequent Visitor

This issue has been fixed by the January 2023 Power BI Report Server Release. The formatting of the dropdown button in the header reacts now to one of the branding settings.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AgnesB
Frequent Visitor

This issue has been fixed by the January 2023 Power BI Report Server Release. The formatting of the dropdown button in the header reacts now to one of the branding settings.

AgnesB
Frequent Visitor

We have found an element in the resulting CSS called breadcrumbs-list-btn that seem to define the background color of this specific button.
But our problem is that no change of the documented parameters in the colors.json seem to have an influence on this color. So that might be an issue of how the colors.json is merged with the LESS stylesheet at the moment. Or is there a way to change it in the brand.less directly? 

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AgnesB ,

When the brand package is uploaded, the server extracts the appropriate name/value pairs from the colors.json file and merges them with the master LESS stylesheet, brand.less. This LESS file is then processed and the resulting CSS file is served to the client. All colors in the stylesheet follow the six-character hexadecimal representation of a color.

vluwangmsft_0-1666771940921.png

refer the following and check if it is helpful:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/branding-the-web-portal?view=sql-server-ver... 

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.