Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Pulkit
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power BI Report Server - Ad hoc reporting

Hello everyone,

Does Power BI Report Server provide the facility of Ad-hoc reporting? Any related thoughts will also be useful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Pulkit ,

on the Report Server everybody who is deploying something needs an Pro Licence (or you have one Technical User for Uploads). But the problem here is to connect to the datasource. She or he needs the permission to the source to build a report but this can be easy solved and you can create a .pbids file for thoose persons. Then the get the direkt way to the source (in which she/ he must be permitted ;)).

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KBO
MVP

Hi @Pulkit ,

what do you mean with Ad hoc reporting? Do you have any examples?

Best,

Kathrin

For example, If a user has access to daily sales report of a certain region then he/she must be able to create her own version of the report without having a Pro license.

Hi @Pulkit ,

on the Report Server everybody who is deploying something needs an Pro Licence (or you have one Technical User for Uploads). But the problem here is to connect to the datasource. She or he needs the permission to the source to build a report but this can be easy solved and you can create a .pbids file for thoose persons. Then the get the direkt way to the source (in which she/ he must be permitted ;)).

Best,

Kathrin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.