Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Report Builder Display Incorrectly After Maximized the Window

Hello everyone,

I recently installed the Report Builder on my computer, which display incorrectly after I maximized the window. My computer has two screen with different physical acreen size, both of them are 1080p resolution. As shown below, the maximized window went across into another screen, also the bottom is covered the taskbar on the left screen. I tried the "Override high DPI scaling behavior" in the properties, but nothing changes. Is this a know issue?

Untitled.png

6 REPLIES 6
AndyMo

Same problem here with multiple screens and app opening too large to scale.

Petebro
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for not noticing this post before. I have filed a bug for investigation of this issue. I totally understand how that would be frustrating and I hope we are able to address it in a future release.

SamuelDrury

Microsoft, please fix this. Windows+Left Arrow is a good work-around, but why doesn't it work to right-click your taskbar and select "Cascade Windows"? And why doesn't clicking and dragging the Menu Bar work to move the window (like it does in Microsoft Office programs)? Thanks.

The January 2021 update of Report Builder is out. Sadly this issue appears to have been ignored.  I'll try and draw attention to it in the blog post comments - sometimes that works as a shortcut to the product manager.  Please add your comments here:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/paginated-report-january-2021-feature-summary/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone?

Bump

Yes I'm experiencing this behavior too.  I'm using a Surface Pro 6, default display settings of 200% zoom and 2736 x 1824 reso.

FWIW, my workaround is to hit Windows+Left Arrow, which snaps it to the left half of my screen, then manually drag the window to be a bit wider.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.