Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mary_aj
Frequent Visitor

Power BI RS and export table to PDF

Hi All,

I use Power BI Report Server May 2020

Maybe, Do you have any ideas or solutions on how to export a table to PDF format? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
whereismydata
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

As far as I know this is not supported by PowerBI RS but supported by PowerBI Service.

What you can do:

• There is a general print option; create a page with this table only, maybe also hide elements that you do not want to be printed. Then create a print button that links to this page. This way you only see this one table on the print
  • Another solution would be to use the report builder since it allwos exporting to other formats as well like XLSX, PPT, PDF...
  • A more complex solution would involve power automate or maybe some sort of custom scripting that listens to a http request and then pulls the data from a given database and safes the table. But I don't think this is the most userfriendly and developer friendly option

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
whereismydata
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

yeah I know, this is not the best solution, but PBIRS is very limited in that way.

Another way to get a PDF export would be to export the data as XLSX and then let the user safe as PDF. But again, not very userfriendly.

Just checked, PDF exported by Report Builder is a 'real' PDF not just picture safed as PDF.

@whereismydata  Maybe you also know

if I have a table with 8 columns and export it to PDF using Report Builder, Report Builder can change the size of this table automatically?

Because I got pdf file but 4 columns on the first page, the next 4 columns are on the second page.

Thanks)  

hm, report builder is pretty static. I'm not shure if you can do anything dynamically.

But since you have a table with a fixed number of columns I think you can design the report so that all information is on one page? maybe it help to play around with pagesize or orientation.

RADACAD just posted about Paginated Reports:

https://radacad.com/power-bi-paginated-report-perfect-for-printing

whereismydata
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

As far as I know this is not supported by PowerBI RS but supported by PowerBI Service.

What you can do:

• There is a general print option; create a page with this table only, maybe also hide elements that you do not want to be printed. Then create a print button that links to this page. This way you only see this one table on the print
  • Another solution would be to use the report builder since it allwos exporting to other formats as well like XLSX, PPT, PDF...
  • A more complex solution would involve power automate or maybe some sort of custom scripting that listens to a http request and then pulls the data from a given database and safes the table. But I don't think this is the most userfriendly and developer friendly option

Thanks for your ideas 😃

But If using a print option and the table has scrolled,  it is work as a picture.

Maybe, report builder is a better solution for this, but I hoped to find another way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.