Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nkasdali
Employee
Employee

Power BI RS admin role

Hi All,

I'm actually exploring the PBI RS, and I'm struggling to find the admin role. knowing that the portal automatically logged using my account in SSO?

FYI : I installed PBI RS on my own computer.

Where can I find this information, please? I didn't specify anything when I installed it 

Log1.JPGLog2.JPGLog3.JPG

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Search for your browser in the start menu, then right-click and choose "Run as Admin" then navigate to your PBIRS portal and you should have access (the builtin\administrators group on the server should always have access to the home folder on install). 

Then click on the "Manage Folder" button and add your normal user account as "Content Manager". Then you should be able to close the admin browser and access the portal using your normal account.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Search for your browser in the start menu, then right-click and choose "Run as Admin" then navigate to your PBIRS portal and you should have access (the builtin\administrators group on the server should always have access to the home folder on install). 

Then click on the "Manage Folder" button and add your normal user account as "Content Manager". Then you should be able to close the admin browser and access the portal using your normal account.

Hi, thanks for your help 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.