Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RussK
Regular Visitor

Power BI 'Publish To Web' traffic measurement

Hi,

I've developed a Power BI report that I 'Published to Web' -- I use the embedded code and all is working fine.

I've been trying to find a way to measure the traffic to the site.

(example: users with the link can forward it to others; existing users have repeat visits etc)

With MS BI support, I managed to gain access to the AUDIT logs and began 'recording' in both the Power BI audits and the Compliance (unified) audit logs. I get tons of activity from internal transactions as well as from NT Authority/System which is an automated synch up system (I think)... but nothing remotely referencing the website, it's pages (4) or anything else typical of a web log file when you can detemine visits, page durations, geo locations etc.

In short, how can measure basic web metrics of a Power BI report that resides on the open web (i.e. using 'Pubish To Web')

Thanks !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RussK ,

Except audit log , I can't think of other solution. Usage metrics don't track dashboards and reports embedded via the “user owns credentials” or “app owns credentials” flow. Usage metrics also don't track usage of reports embedded via publish to web.

You can create an idea for it in https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas to improve the power bi.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RussK ,

Except audit log , I can't think of other solution. Usage metrics don't track dashboards and reports embedded via the “user owns credentials” or “app owns credentials” flow. Usage metrics also don't track usage of reports embedded via publish to web.

You can create an idea for it in https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas to improve the power bi.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.