cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DN Member

Power BI Premium 2FA or MFA authentication?

My client wants to use 2FA or MFA as a login option when accessing Power BI on-presmises.

They still didn´t purchased PBI Premium, but they want to know if there is this method of authentication.

Once they get PBI Premium and Report Server, how can they login to on-premises server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Power BI Premium 2FA or MFA authentication?

Hi @DN,

Per my knowledge, Power BI Report Server doesn't support 2FA or MFA authentication. Supported authentication types are: RSWindowsNegotiate, RSWindowsNTLM, RSWindowsKerberos, RSWindowsBasic and Custom, as listed in this document.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DN,

Per my knowledge, Power BI Report Server doesn't support 2FA or MFA authentication. Supported authentication types are: RSWindowsNegotiate, RSWindowsNTLM, RSWindowsKerberos, RSWindowsBasic and Custom, as listed in this document.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DN Member

thanks a lot for your answer and link provided.
but, what is the login sequence once I get PBI Premium?
I do regular login on PBI Desktop, publish it to Report Server, and after that I may login on Report Server using the authentication options? Is this the usual scenario?