Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kekepania0529
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Paginated Report on Power BI Report Server - Bookmarks not working when printed to PDF

I have a paginated report that is stored on a Power BI Report Server that contains bookmarks. The report is on a Subscription to deliver a pdf daily. The bookmarks are not "live in the pdf. Is there a way to make them "live" in the pdf that is created and distributed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I ended up using the Document Map property instead of Bookmark. 

"... for PDF renderings, the document map functionality is expressed through PDF bookmarks..."

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/3504/sql-server-reporting-services-bookmarks-and-document-map...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sevenhills
Super User
Super User

Will the bookmarks work when you do manual export of PDF?If it works, then yes. other option is to check the log file on the PBIRS server.

We had bookmarks and it works well in the paginated reports. (including daily subscribed PDF reports)

I ended up using the Document Map property instead of Bookmark. 

"... for PDF renderings, the document map functionality is expressed through PDF bookmarks..."

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/3504/sql-server-reporting-services-bookmarks-and-document-map...

It is the same way we all do, glad you were able to solve on your own. (SSRS = Paginated reports on PBIRS)

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

PDFs generated by Power BI are not interactive.  You may raise it as an idea.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.