Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sophiechin
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Paginated Report Auto Delivery

Dear all,

I'm facing some problems related to my Power BI paginated report. Suppose I have a shared dataset connecting to my database in Power BI. We are like an e-commerce platform. My data model has a table that records all sales transactions of each store merchant. Currently, we are producing reports to send to each merchant about their daily sales in Power BI paginated report while our Power BI paginated report has parameters to filter the date, and merchant store. Hence, I would like to ask if is there any way to set our report auto delivery to each merchant by triggering our paginated report to auto filter each store and recent date, export it to excel or pdf, and send it automatically to each store merchant's Gmail? cuz i'm sure we can do this manually. But right now, our number of store merchants is increasing and we cannot do it manually anymore. However, if you have any alternative suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
R1k91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

are you publishing on Power BI Report Server or Power BI Service?

- Power BI Report Server has Data Driven Subscription feature that does what you need

SSRS Data Driven Subscription (mssqltips.com)

- Power BI Service doens't support this yet. you should use something that programmatically calls Power BI export APIs and then sends the email for example with Power Automate

Setup data driven report subscriptions for #PowerBI paginated reports with #PowerAutomate – Erik Sve...

Thank you so much for the response. Currently, I use Power Automate but besides only sending it to each merchant email, I also need to save the the daily sales reports in different folders based on merchant's name as well. May you please elaborate how can I let the report send the email to each merchant and save it to different folder of each merchant name in the same flow as well? I really really need to do it. Thank you so much!

R1k91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I'm sorry, not Automate expert...

maybe you can use this one setting up it accordingly.

File System | Microsoft Power Automate

jaweher899
Super User
Super User

there are several ways to automate the delivery of your Power BI paginated report to each merchant:

1. One option is to use the Power Automate (previously known as Microsoft Flow) to schedule the delivery of the report. You can create a flow that runs daily and filters the report based on the store merchant and recent date, then exports the report to Excel or PDF and sends it to the respective store merchant's email.

2. Another option is to use the Power BI REST API to programmatically retrieve the report and export it in the desired format. You can write a script that filters the report based on the store merchant and recent date, exports the report to Excel or PDF, and sends it to the respective store merchant's email.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.