Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KBO
MVP

Power BI OnPremise - Reports didn't load correctly

Hallo,

I have a little problem with the Power BI Report Server. First I build a Cube in Visual Studio for a live conection, this works fine but If i go to the Power BI Report Server Client and will creat my Reports he show me this:

"This can not visualized" the Report failed an I can't see anything. But this only happend If I choose columns with the KeyColumn: WChar If I choose Columns with KeyColumn: Integer it all works fine. 

So my question to you: Know anyone this type of problem and have a simple solution, maybe a diffecult solution is also fine :). Can it be that this a problem comes from Power BI Client directly or can I solved the problem in Visual Studio?

I hope you can understand what's my problem ;).

Update: Now I can see the KeyColumn: WChar but only If I pick a other Report. See on the following pics:

PBI 1.png

Here you can see - If I click on the Report I marked the other Report showed something.

PBI 2.png

But If I havn't click on any Report you can see nothing in the other Report and a ErrorMessage is shown.

Thx for your answers.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @KBO,

Did this report load data correctly in Power BI desktop before publishing to report server? What is the relationship between Donut chart 'Service Request' and table visual? Please check the measures you created for those visuals.

Please expand the error message for more detailed information.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yulgu-msft and thank you for your answer but the mesures createt by itself. I need a SQL Cube for a live connection and so I must work on the table in Visual Studio but I don't know so much about this tool so it can be that I forgott somthing to do in this? The result which is show in Power BI Report Client is only a reflection from the Visual Studio. And If I load the data in Power Bi the mesures are still there without doing anything. I hope you can understand my problem now a little bit better?

Maybe the problem located here in Visual Studio:

VS 1.png

I try some other attributes but until now nothing works....

Greetz Kathrin

Hi @KBO,

So, in your scenario, you didn't create any measure in Power BI desktop side, and you only create some visuals based on those data and measures created in SSAS cube, right? If you have any concern about create SSAS cube, personally, you'd better post your questions on SSAS forum so that you can get more professional advice. Besides, in Power BI desktop, we can also create measures to return desired values, if you have any concern, please illustrate your requirement with sample data.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.