Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

odi3
Frequent Visitor

Power BI On Premises Scheduled Refresh issue

Hello,

I am trying to get a report to refresh using scheduled refresh but i keep getting this message:

Credentials are required to connect to the sql source.

Things I have tried:

in data sources  under windows authentication, putting in my user ID /password. clicking test connection and I get a result of connected successfully"

in data sources under windows authentication, putting in our data access userid /password clicking test connection and getting a "result of connected successfully"

Opening up the report tried using "use my current credentials" under windows, tried using both my userID and the default data username neither of them worked tried putting them in under database. no luck.

Part of the problem is that i am not sure of how the data connections work for on premises power bi as they are quite a bit different than ssrs. I have tried to find some instructions, but no luck yet.

Anyone have any ideas what my issue might be? Or can direct me to a source for simple instructions how to set up scheduled refresh for an on premises powerbi report that connects to sql server?

4 REPLIES 4
ashrin
Helper I
Helper I

How many data sources do you have ?. Because i have noticed that, if i have more than one in the "Data sources" tab, i have to enter my credentials > test connection > save. I have to do this for all data sources seperately and save. doing all at once, gives me that error also.

One other thing you can do is, On the report server, open the report server config manager, select "Execution account" and enter your details there . save and restart.

*Please mark this as soution if that helped

odi3
Frequent Visitor

Sorry, this is a duplicate post.

Sorry, I posted a Duplicate answer

lzy0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.