Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

murater85
Frequent Visitor

Power BI On Prem scheduled task error

Hello,

We use Power Bi on Prem - Version 1.4.6960.38798 (January 2019) – We get scheduled error some power bi reports. I used some solution which I found internet but issue still continue . How can we solve this issue?

0] -1055784932: Credentials are required to connect to the SQL source. (Source at server1;database1.). The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[1] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[2] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[3] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[4] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[5] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[6] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[7] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[8] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[9] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@murater85 wrote:

I have already done it. I open report on Power bi desktop then click refresh everything is ok , it has refreshed after that ı upload on PBRS , create a new scheduled task but gives same error.

No, it does not matter what you do in the Desktop. Any passwords you save there are encrypted using your local user. When you upload a report to the server it runs under a service account. Because it runs under a different account it can't decrypt a password saved by another user. For this reason in order to do a scheduled refresh you need to follow the instructions I posted previously to save the credentials on your server.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where would I find or file on-going bugs with Power BI Report Server January 2019? I'm having issues with the scheduled refresh using the import connectivity mode. Refresh works fine locally but they've started failing since upgrading to PBIRS January 2019 from PBIRS August 2018.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Click on the "..." menu when you hover over the report in Power BI Report Server. Choose the "Manage" option and then go into the "Data Sources" tab. If you want to schedule a refresh you will need to enter credentials against your data sources so that the scheduled refresh can authenticate against those data sources. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

I have Power BI report with parameterized path to MS Excel data sources, so I can't enter credentials to this data source. Is there any decision for this situation?

Hello Gosbell

I have already done it. I open report on Power bi desktop then click refresh everything is ok , it has refreshed after that ı upload on PBRS , create a new scheduled task but gives same error.

How can we solve this issue is there any other idea?

Thanks.

@murater85 wrote:

No, it does not matter what you do in the Desktop. Any passwords you save there are encrypted using your local user. When you upload a report to the server it runs under a service account. Because it runs under a different account it can't decrypt a password saved by another user. For this reason in order to do a scheduled refresh you need to follow the instructions I posted previously to save the credentials on your server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.