Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shekarkola_pom
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Mobile layout in browser or URL for Mobile app report (Power BI Report Server)

Can anyone please advise if there is any way to create URL that open Power-BI mobile and load particular report, the steps mentioned here... seems only applicable for Power-BI Mobile App with Power-BI Service but not with Power-BI Report Server, In case if it's not supported for Power-BI Report Server is there any way to make Mobile Layout works directly on the Internet browser?  

5 REPLIES 5
shekarkola_pom
Frequent Visitor

While the Power-BI not yet support mobile layout in Browser, kindly vote this idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=a4d1e5fa-d1db-4759-8da7-f6c045190a21

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@shekarkola_pom 

I doubt whether you can even open pbirs report on an mobile browser, since Report Server is an on-premises reporting technology, you can view the report in the mobile app to connect to the onpremies report server.

View on-premises reports and KPIs in the Power BI mobile apps - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @V-pazhen-msft

Yes I could do that, but the question was how can I prepare the URL to open particular report in Mobile App once the Mobile App already configured to access Power-BI Report Server. 

I tried following:

• mspbi://app/  - It worked (I could open Mobile App using the link in mobile)
  • mspbi://app/OpenReport?ReportObjectId=<RECID of Report>  - Didn't work (this is my requirement, the URL will be accessed via QR Code which is going to be available onsite devises)
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Unfortunately, you cannot view Mobile Layout on Internet Browser.

But one thing that you can check is to change the Page Size to Custom and change the width & height accordingly and view the report.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks for the advise, yes as workaround it works, but we have to maintaine every Power-BI Report multiple times!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.