Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Laith
Frequent Visitor

Power BI - Disable Authenticaton

Hello ,

Is there a way of work around to disable the windows authentication from the power bi server ? I dont want it at all, it is annoying sicnce my powerbi reports are hosted on a different website, so users have to enter website password then the power bi windows authentication popup ! no need for this at all.

I tried the custom secuirty .NET project, but that didnt work or not what i need, i just need to disable it somehow from the config files of the powerbi server.

Much Appreciated,
Laith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Laith
Frequent Visitor

Hello Guys,

I resolved the issue myself. 
Thank you for your response. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rashig
Frequent Visitor

Did any one get a solution for this?

awadallahm

can you share more details how you manage .dll libraries to avoid authentication popup?

Laith
Frequent Visitor

Hello Guys,

I resolved the issue myself. 
Thank you for your response. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Laith,

Can you please kindly share some details about how you managed to solve this? We are facing the same issue here...

Thanks!

Felix

Hello Felix,

In summary , The .dll files in the PBIRS folder has all the required methods you need to pass through without authentication.

Didnt know why microsoft didnt not mention these stuff is it becuase they want the users to focus on Azure only and Clouding Business Solutions!!

Users should differentiate between SSRS and PBIRS and the custom security GITHUB documentation they have posted is only for SSRS .asmx.

After all headache i have solved working arounf with the .dll libraries in PBIRS and finally the NTLM is no longer poping up becuase i fix a user and password to be sent!

Hope that helps !

I will try to put it on Github very SOON called "PBI - Pass through Authentication"

Have a great one!

Laith

rashig
Frequent Visitor

Hello Laith, how did you overcome this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.