cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ldunbarmtd Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Desktop to Sharepoint Web Part - with refresh

Hello, I have been trying to find a solution to my problem with no success so far. 

I have created a dashboard in Power BI Desktop. The source of my data is an excel file located on a SharePoint site.

I want to publish this dashboard as a webpart onto that same SharePoint site.  The only thing I have found to date is that I have to take these steps:

1. From Power BI Desktop, publish to Power BI web app (My WorkSpace)

2. From the Power BI web app. I can go to "File" "Embed in SharePoint Online" to get a link to embed as a webpart.

3. Copy the link in the SharePoint site.

Here are my issues:

1. I cannot figure out a way to refresh the data without first refreshing the desktop report, then refreshing the web app report. 

Ultimately, I would like both the desktop and web app version to update automatically every so many minutes. 

I know I must be doing something wrong or missing something.  HELP!? 🙂   Thanks in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 298 members 3,000 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: