Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JeremyCrouch

Power BI Desktop (Server Versions) for March 2018

Hi,

We have a Power BI Server installation, version March 2018. I am looking for the Power BI Desktop RS .msi file  for the March 2018 report server. The download link on the PBi web portal is taking us to the May 2019 version. Also when looking for this using Google, we find links that state March 2018... however they all resolve to the same May 2019 verison.

We have some new users who need Power BI Desktop installed. When deploying new reports that were dev'd in the May 2019 version we cannot deploy them to the server, we get that error stating that our version is too new.

I did find a link to a user here that has a blog page where they offer most versions for download (https://zenatti.net/2019/05/12/power-bi-old-versions/). Unfortunatly these are all for the regular PBI Desktop, not the Report Server versions.

Thanks, Jeremy

2 REPLIES 2
jsaffo

We are having the same issue.  It is very unfortunate that Microsoft is not addressing this issue.  The download site needs to have a versions link that gives you access to all previous versions of the software.  Currently it is very difficult, if not impossible, to find this specific version of the software.

If anyone has any information on where to locate the March 2018 version, please let us know.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having same problem, but I need version from October 2017.

If anyone has it or know where to get, I will be really grateful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.