Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GS66
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Desktop RS not importing custom visuals when offline

Hi,

Using the new desktop RS client in an offline environment i am no longer able to import custom visuals.  Instead i get a never ending "loading" symbol as in the screenshot below.  

If i select the option to remove custom visuals they all show up in the list, they just don't appear in the visualizations row.  

GS66_0-1624264731326.png

I've tested against previous releases and it used to work fine.  Is anyone else experiencing this (both in 32 and 64bit)?? This is a bit of a deal breaker that will prevent us upgrading as we use custom visuals quite a bit 😞

Thanks

GS

PS apologies for the re-post, I previously posted this question in the wrong place

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GS66
Frequent Visitor

I've spent quite a log time investigating this and have been unable to get May 2021 working for this issue.  However, the September release just came out and it's clear that it does not exhibit the same bug so I'm going to skip May and upgrade straight to September instead.  All very odd and frustrating, but i guess that's a solution now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GS66
Frequent Visitor

I've spent quite a log time investigating this and have been unable to get May 2021 working for this issue.  However, the September release just came out and it's clear that it does not exhibit the same bug so I'm going to skip May and upgrade straight to September instead.  All very odd and frustrating, but i guess that's a solution now.

mhofman

I have exactly the same issue and I'm also working in an offline environment. I have tested it with Chiclet slicer and advanceCard.

Regards,

Marco

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@GS66 

Importing a local pbivz visual work fine my desktop for rs. 

Version: 2.93.982.0 64-bit 

Vpazhenmsft_0-1624427687824.png

Try re-install the desktop for rs.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, sorry for long delay.  I reinstalled and am still facing the same issue. Could it be because it is an offline environment? I am using the same version as you and tested with Chiclet slicer.

Thanks

GS

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors