Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cnschulz
Helper IV
Helper IV

Port 80 requirement for /Reports and /ReportServer

Hi, 

I have added a certificate (not self signed) and enabled SSL on our development server. The first hurdle was that the alternate machine names were not recognised by the power bi server (!!). This article fixed that: https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2418246/you-cannot-view-some-of-your-ssl-certificates-in-re...

However when I disabled the port 80 bindings, I could no longer upload reports from the desktop, despite referencing the server on :443. The 3-dots menu on each report no longer works either.

It seems you *must* have port 80 enabled to use report server.

Can anyone confirm this is true and/or offer a way for us to work solely over SSL?

3 REPLIES 3
cbrunsynergy
Frequent Visitor

have you found a solution?

kammerlt

Hy @mketechguy  what we ended up doing is restricting access to port 80 on the firewall of the on prem. report server. this way system internal communication with port 80 seems still to work (which afaik is needed by report server to work). its been running like that for a couple of days and so far we didnt have any issues. if anyone else has a better solution feel free to share it.

regards, Thomas

mketechguy
Regular Visitor

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.