Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sime
Helper I
Helper I

Populating dataset with SSRS Report Query

Hi All,

Is it possible to use an SSRS report query to populate a dataset in Power BI?

Currently I'm using a ODBC connection to the data source but it has some limitations.

The main one being the inability to use the EXECUTE command to create temporary tables for the purposes of currency conversions etc.

It would be great if I could simply drop the report query in and retrieve the desired output as one does with an ODBC connection.

I should add that I do not have a direct connection to the SQL or Report servers as the system I am connection to is hosted by a 3rd party.

Appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You may use your exec sp  for Power BI too to import/direct query data but Its not possible to create Tables on that. On scenario may be to have persisted tables created via these which you can access from Power BI

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You may use your exec sp  for Power BI too to import/direct query data but Its not possible to create Tables on that. On scenario may be to have persisted tables created via these which you can access from Power BI

Thank you for your response Abhi.  I will give this a try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.