Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

uthall
Helper II
Helper II

Permissions and Users

hello,

I have installed tghe Azure PowerBI Report Server, which includes the report server VM and a DC VM.

Ive created some reports and posted them to the server, but i cant find any way to add new users and assign them permission to access the reports.

Im obviously missing something basic, please help.......

2 REPLIES 2
andris
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi.

So, in Report Manager page  (http://<servername>/reports/browse/) you see your reports and, maybe, some folders.

At the top right of the page you should see "Manage folder" button. Click it, in next screen click on "+Add group or user" and then write user or Active Domain group name, who should be able access Report Manager and see its contents.

New objects, like new reports, by default have parent folder access permissions. To manage permissions for your reports, click on "..." (three dots) on the top right corner of your report placeholder, and choose "Manage" in pop-up menu. Then you will have access to Security tab, where you can see and manage user and group access to the report.

Regards

Andris

See thats the thing.

Where are the users for

"At the top right of the page you should see "Manage folder" button. Click it, in next screen click on "+Add group or user" and then write user or Active Domain group name, who should be able access Report Manager and see its contents."

being pulled from. I ee no users to add?

My server installed itself by default into a contoso.com domain, and doesnt seem to have any links to my azure ad?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.