Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ashleytanoe
Regular Visitor

Passing slicer selected values to PowerBI report .rdl not being retained

I have a powerbi report that has a matrix, so I've added in a button that takes the end user to an identical .rdl that will export in a more "friendly" format. I've had to use the Azure link that generates when the report is shared to get this link to work since the end users are outside of my organization, however in doing this, it appears the URL gets reformatted somewhere in between the click and report generation and the values selected within the slicers of the powerbi are not retained the URL passed to the .rdl. Any ideas on how to get this to stay so that the report will auto generate based on the slicers chosen?

powerbi URL:

var __baseURL1 = "https://azure.microsoft.com/email/?destination=https%3A%2F%2Fapp.powerbi.com%2FMobileRedirect.html%3...reportidisretainedinurlbelow%26ctid%3Dthisissomethingthatdoesnotshowupbelow%26groupObjectId%3Dthisissomethingthatdoesnotshowupbelow%26OpenAppFromWindowsPCAndTablet%3Dfalse%26emailSource%3DReportInvitation&p=differentreportinvitationthanbelow"
var __baseURL2 = __baseURL1 & "?rs:Embed=true&rp:YrQtr=" & SelectedTimePeriod &
"&rp:O=" & SelectedO &
"&rp:C=" & SelectedC &
"&rp:P=" & SelectedP &
"&rp:D=" & SelectedD &
"&rp:T=" & SelectedT &
"&rp:AnStart=" & SelectedAnStart &
"&rp:AnEnd=" & SelectedAnEnd &
"&rp:DStart=" & SelectedDStart &
"&rp:DEnd=" & SelectedDEnd &
"&rdl:format=EXCELOPENXML"

RETURN
__baseURL2

1 REPLY 1
ashleytanoe
Regular Visitor

update: I found that using the embedded URL from the .rdl will work with passing parameters, however, now if multiple values are selected, it's only pulling the last value selected within the .rdl. For example, in this URL, it should be pulling multiple YrQtr and multiple "D"s. Instead it's just pulling the last value listed into the report.

https://app.powerbi.com/rdlEmbed?reportId=...&groupId=...&autoAuth=true&ctid=...?rp:YrQtr=2019-Q4&rp:YrQtr=2020-Q1&rp:O=%20ALL&rp:Cl=%20ALL&rp:P=%20ALL&rp:D=P&rp:D=G&rp:T=%20ALL&rp:AnStart=49&rp:AngEnd=100&rp:DStart...

is just pulling YrQtr = 2020-01 (when it should be pulling 2019-Q4 and 2020-Q1), the %20ALL's work fine, and D = G is the only D being pulled (when it should be G & P). Looking for ideas on how to get the multi values to pull in the .RDL

Note: the .rdl does accept multi value params and the above link was working until I encountered the fiasco of trying to make this accessible to people outside of my organization and using the embedded url.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.