Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

ParentFolderId is always null

When I query the SSRS 2017 REST API the ParentFolderId value is null for every item in the catalog.

It is the same on 2 servers. Any idea what could cause this?

The servers are running Reporting Services version 14.0.600.451 with a custom security extension for form auth.

2 REPLIES 2
ajw105

Did you ever get this resolved? We're having the same issue. We are going to start coding through an alternate solution (load ALL folders in memory and create the data structure using the Path values), but would rather not have to.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I'm not seeing this behaviour, but I'm running Power BI Report Server 15.0.1102.371

You could try asking this question in the SSRS forum here https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlreportingservices

But I would also suggested temporarily disabling your custom auth and re-testing to make sure that is not part of the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors