Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Parameters in Power BI Report Builder not working with Power BI service

Hi,

I have some paramaters in a report developed in Power BI Report Builder.

Data source is Oracle 12c.

Report works fine from Power BI Report Builder client tool.

But after publishing to Power BI service, it's giving error and behaviour is unpredictable.

Sometimes it works with 2 parameter but does not work with 3 or more parameters.

It's giving following error:

Please assist.

Unable to render paginated report
Data for this report could not be loaded due to an on-premises gateway error. A query in this report may be returning a field which is not supported by the on-premises gateway. Please remove any fields containing user-defined types or unsupported gateway types and try again.
Activity ID: 51b33ec8-c6f1-1959-35af-3443dc80d0f4
Request ID: 51b33ec8-c6f1-1959-35af-3443dc80d0f4
Correlation ID: 267f27142740435a8126c3dd6176201c
Status code: 200
Time: Fri Jul 12 2019 15:53:14 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
Cluster URI: https://northcentralus.pbidedicated.windows.net/webapi/capacities/90A81C8A-ECFF-4400-947F-48AEDFD7AA...

4 REPLIES 4
Balcerekm

did you ever figure this out?

Kareddy
Frequent Visitor

Any update on this issue. We are seeing the same issue for all paginated reports on PowerBI service.

Source : Oracle 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar issue.  I traced the failure to a set of beginning and end date parameters that were set as DateTime in the SSRS report.  Apparently, the gateway server did not recognize this datatype, likely due to a missing library.    Changing the parameter data type to text and performing the date conversion in the Oracle filter clause fixed the problem: (....Where myDate between TO_DATE(:begindate,'MM/DD/YYYY') AND TO_DATE(:enddate,'MM/DD/YYYY').

Not ideal since I loose the nifty calendar selector when updating parms, but at least it works.  The next time I upgrade the gateway I'll see if I can spot the missing library.

bradsy
Employee
Employee

Hi MalayJain,

Paginated RB will not go through the gateway, but directly to the Oracle Server. The service, goes the the Gateway. From the error description, not all data types and fields are supported by the gateway. I am not sure what is documented, maybe this article will help:

https://www.fourmoo.com/2017/04/26/power-bi-on-premise-gateway-configuration-steps-to-an-oracle-data...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.