Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

ftuncay

Paginated report problem in PBIRS

Hi,

We have a PBIRS instance at our dev environment, where the same user (with admin rights) uploaded both PBIX and SSRS paginated reports. Other developers can access PBIX reports but paginated SSRS reports are not available. When those reports are clicked on they give us a login prompt but after a couple of tries at the prompt nothing comes up in the portal (blank page).

We checked roles in the report server and report server db databases, also in the PBIRS portal.

Do you guys have any ideas where else to check or what can go wrong?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
vdusan

Hello, 

We have the same issue. Does anybody have fix for it?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

Allocating access rights for SSRS reports on the PBI RS is just the same as in other non-PBI versions of the SSRS server. So once you have uploaded the SSRS report to the server need to use the manage facility on the SSRS PBI RS reports page to give access rights to the users required. The SSRS reports are completely separate from the PBI reports. I'm assuming you are on a domain with domain users?

We have done this and it works fine, we have also managed to integrate dynamic links into PBI reports to click straight through to SSRS reports, with parameter's. Works very nicely.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your response. We manage the SSRS reports exactly as you mentioned. We are on a domain, too.

Somehow there must be some network/proxy etc. must be blocking the SSRS reports.

I'll try to dig into that further and fiddle with logs and trace files. I'll put my solution here if I can achieve one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors