Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TiagoCosta1983
Frequent Visitor

Paginated Reports with Parameters not working properly on Chrome (62.0.3202.89)

Hey Guys,

This is the first time I test the PBRS and found a small issue with this version.

We tried to move some SSRS reports to the PBRS and they seem to work ok in IE ,Edge and Firefox , but when we open them on Google Chrome , if the report has parameters, even if you change the parameters it resets to the default value and does not render the report.

Here are some SCs:1.PNG

Chrome (can't change date parameter since it always reverts to default) : 

2.PNG

Edge:

3.PNG

Do you think this is a PBRS issue or a Chrome issue? 

Any advice ?

Something to fix in the server in the future? 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It seems that it had to have with my form saved data and password saved data, once I deleted that it worked... 

Still a very strange issue that data from another sites afects this ... 

nevertheless.. mistery solved.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TiagoCosta1983,

Based on my test in Power BI Report Server Version 14.0.600.434, we are able to change data from calendar in Chrome browser. In your scenario, please clear the Chrome browser cache and try the same browser version as ours. 

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft

I can change the data within the parameter, but the moment I click "View report" he actually goes back to the original value and does not show the data that I need 😕

Sorry for the confusion btw.

Hi @TiagoCosta1983,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Please clear cache and try the same browser as mine then test again. 

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft

Super Strange, I just cleared the cache, I've tested in MAC and WIN and on both systems I get the same issue.

All other Browsers are ok.

My version of the PBRS is 14.0.600.434.

Now I've tested on a fresh install on the server itself and worked! But if I try on my windows and after clearing the cache , disabling all plugins it still does not work... super strange... I really don't get it.

Both versions of chrome are the same ! 😕 I'm confused.

@v-qiuyu-msft

OK , after some digging I believe I found the issue (super strange one):

With a fresh install of Chrome (no account signed in ) it works ok.

The moment I sign in my account it stops working. 

I also tried disabling all my plugins but no dice.. stops working... and it feels that the view report always refreshes the report.

It seems that it had to have with my form saved data and password saved data, once I deleted that it worked... 

Still a very strange issue that data from another sites afects this ... 

nevertheless.. mistery solved.

Hi,
I am also facing same kind of issue only, I have created the paginated report by using Power bi report builder and published to premium capacity nothing is visible in chrome, but I can able to open through Internet explorer and Microsoft Edge.

I have tried in remote desktop it is opening chrome as well but it's not opening in my machine and other collogues machines.

I have deleted the saved password data and auto fill form data but still it is not working.

Please give me an advice, Thanks in advance.

In case anyone else having the same trouble finds this post ...

Change your your Chrome settings to allow all cookies. That's what worked for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.