Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NielsDecoene
Helper I
Helper I

Paginated Reports from .pbix report

Hello

I'm trying out the Power BI Report Server, i've set it up and all is working. I've made a .pbix connecting live to my tabular model. 

The .pbix is uploaded to the report server and i would like to make a paginated report based on the data provided by the .pbix.

I can't see the .pbix as a source from Report Builder am I missing something or do I need a workaround?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

At the moment you cannot use a PBIX, or a datasource created from a PBIX as a DataSource for a paginated report. I noticed another request for a similar feature just the other day, I would encourage you to submit you idea here and it is something we will consider for a future release. For now you'll have to create a seperate datasource to your tabular model and use that for your paginated reports.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LiziM
Helper I
Helper I

Hello all,

I would like to create a paginated report from my existing.pbix reports... I noticed on PowerBI Service/Online there is an option to "create a paginated report" from a report, as shown.

However the result is just a heading with a link (https://aka.ms/priad-online-course) to a tutorial on making paginated reports from scratch? 

LiziM_1-1623835303394.png

Please let me know if there is any way to achieve what is needed without having to create new paginated reports from scratch.

Kind regards,

Lizi Morley

mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

At the moment you cannot use a PBIX, or a datasource created from a PBIX as a DataSource for a paginated report. I noticed another request for a similar feature just the other day, I would encourage you to submit you idea here and it is something we will consider for a future release. For now you'll have to create a seperate datasource to your tabular model and use that for your paginated reports.

JPMac
Frequent Visitor

Is this available in the latest version?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.