Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sahiladya6993
Frequent Visitor

Paginated Report Time Out | Direct Query

Hi All,

I am connecting my Power BI Report Builder to dataset using direct query.

There are multiple values in parameter around 15,000 and SELECT ALL option is enabled.

Whenever user is selecting all of the values report on tool or server showing timeout.

It works when I limit my values to 500-5000 in that parameter.

What can be possible solution to populate all of the values? Please help out.

Regards

Sahil

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sahiladya6993 ,

Paginated reports time out after 600 seconds when using Power BI DirectQuery dataset as a source.

Users who have permission to modify the properties of a published report can reset this value by editing the report definition file.

You may find it in the Dataset Properties dialog box, there's a text box where you can specify the time out duration in seconds for a specific dataset query. setting it to  enough time to avoid getting the time out error.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1664935331722.png

For original post,you may refer to Solved: [Report Bulder] Where to set timeout settings for ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for providing solution. But I have passed a query in Parameter which has 15000 values with SELECT ALL option enabled in it.

When user is selecting "SELECT ALL" then report builder and on server showing time out.
When I limit these values to 5000 then it works.

Is there any limit on values in parameter?

Regards

Sahil 

I'm wondering if you solve the issue? I'm facing the same thing here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.