Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ritesh_Air
Post Patron
Post Patron

Paginated Report - Snowflake SQL as data source

Has anyone used Snowflake SQL as a datasource for their Paginated report?

I am trying to do the cascading prompts and get the value from one query and putting it in the 2nd one but getting issue.

Here is more detail:

Here are the steps I have done:

1. Data Source connection is : ODBC/Snowflake.
2. First dataset: Simple SQL query to get "Parent" Info.

select RETAILER_NAME
from table where Enrollment_Year = 2022

3. Second dataset: Simple SQL query where I am referencing the parameter. In this case, it is :Parent

select Program_Group_Name
from "table" where Enrollment_Year = 2022 and Retailer_Name = :Parent

I have Parameter here:

Ritesh_Air_0-1666762062927.png

Defined it Here:

Ritesh_Air_1-1666762161114.png

Ritesh_Air_2-1666762366229.png

Here is the RDL report for reference.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QFjCHQOdqUKIov_ST5iY6vf6RxlEkkNq/view?usp=sharing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Not all ODBC drivers support parameters in the same way. You could possibly try using ? as a positional parameter in your query instead of using :Parent 

This appears to have worked for this person Solved: Re: Using ODBC to Snowflake as a Datasource within... - Microsoft Power BI Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Not all ODBC drivers support parameters in the same way. You could possibly try using ? as a positional parameter in your query instead of using :Parent 

This appears to have worked for this person Solved: Re: Using ODBC to Snowflake as a Datasource within... - Microsoft Power BI Community

@d_gosbell You were god send. This is exactly what I was looking for. The link and the youtube video were very helpful.

Thank you so much! I might tag you about Row Level security in Pagainted report next 🙂 to see if you have pointers. 

-EZ

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.