Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dkernen
Resolver II
Resolver II

Paginated Report - Parent/Child Datasets

I have three datasets: ReferralCase table ("parent"), SurveyResponse table ("child"), and ReferralsInDateRange (taken from a slicer in Desktop).  They are all created in DAX from Desktop, but then I modifed them for the multi-select.

The parameters I have set are a start date and and end date, from which the Referrals parameter populates based on the referrals in range.  Then the user can multi-select which referrals to select.

I have the initial header section working fine with the multi-select, but I don't know how to get the detail information from the SurveyResponses to populate right after each respective group (referral).  The tutorials I have found online all show data only from a single dataset.  I would like to know how to utilize the key value (Referral_ID) and pass the respective parameter value to the detail table.   Then each referral selected would show the referral/case detail followed by the zero, 1 or more responses on one page, then the next referral with its responses, etc.

Do I use a list or a subreport?  How do I tell the list/subreport which Referral's survey responses to pull?  Do you have a step-by-step resource to walk me through the steps?  I have attached my RDL.  I am really stumped.  Thank you so very much!

https://mwtn-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/dkernen_mwtn_org/ETeHifJn0idOmwsIAl1ShbMBzw6N3qlbcRXQq... 

@multi-select, @paginatedreport, @parentchild

3 REPLIES 3
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

As much I understand this case it would need a subreport implementation. I have done one for the Paginated visual so that may help :

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/power-bi-multiselect-paginated-visual-abhinav-singh/?trackingId=iVMEo...

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dkernen ,

It is not very clear, whether you can further clarify your needs. Such as screenshots of expected results, etc. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.