Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akhaliq7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Paginated Report, Made up column created when paginated report subscription to excel created

When I subscribe to a paginated report to export as a excel file then a made up column is created in excel. I have double checked the paginated report there isn't a blank column. But when I receive my data in a excel file then there is a blank column in the position of column g. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The Excel output sometimes has to insert extra columns and merge cells in order to maintain the position of other report elements. Do you have a text box header or something like this on your report which lines up with this extra column? Typically if I am targetting xlsx as an output I try to keep the layout very simple, with just a single tablix on the page to reduce these sorts of issues.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
akhaliq7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

yes I had a empty title text box which I had to delete thanks for your help.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The Excel output sometimes has to insert extra columns and merge cells in order to maintain the position of other report elements. Do you have a text box header or something like this on your report which lines up with this extra column? Typically if I am targetting xlsx as an output I try to keep the layout very simple, with just a single tablix on the page to reduce these sorts of issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.