Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wandasoozq
Frequent Visitor

Paginated Report Builder Oracle Data Source Connectivity issues

Good morning,

I have downloaded the latest version of Paginated Reports (updated 10/28/2019). I have the 64-bit Oracle client installed, and I have no problem connecting to our Oracle datasource in PBI desktop and the service. However, I have been unable to connect to our database from the Report Builder. I have tried various formats of the connection string with no luck. The error I am receiving is "Unable to connect to the data source"...Attempt to load Oracle client libraries threw BadImageFormatException. This problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed.

We have tried this on my current machine (which has both 64 bit and 32 bit installed) as well as a brand new machine with only 64 bit installed. The components were loaded from recommended downloads from PBI and verified.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

21 REPLIES 21

Thanks much @bradsy for helping me resolve the issue with Oracle DB connectivity. At present we don't have any existing reports developed in Power BI Report Builder. We're developing first paginated reports using this tool. Is it possible to get the sample conection string if there is one?

But, the question is, since there is a bug within the tool, will the connection string work as well?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.