Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PDF view support Report Server Web Portal

Hi!

I have a question regarding the possibilites to view PDF documents in the Report Server Web Portal? Is it possible to manage, present and view PDF:s in the web portal of PowerBi Report Server?

Thanks for you help!

Best Regards

Daniel

4 REPLIES 4
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You can upload PDF files to Report Server and when you click on them they open. But I think it just streams the PDF content to the browser so it might depend on which browser you use as to how it deals with PDF files.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer on this. So if i understand it correctly you need to upload the pdf-files to report server before you can actually open them? There are no other option for example create links in the web portal to pdf-files that are presented on another storage or server? Why i´m asking is that i´m looking into PowerBi Report Server Web Portal as a solution or "Report hub" for different formats. PowerBi reports, Excel sheets and PDF documents. Do you know if there are possibilites to access programs from the portal also like exe-files? 

Unfortunately there is no option at the moment to create links. And there is no option to access exe files directly, and this is unlikely to happen since browsers would not allow this as it's a major security risk.

But the ability to add links is something I think is needed in Report Server.

I actually added this to idea.powerbi.com since I think it would add a lot of value

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=0012d35a-85a5-ec11-826e-281878de77da 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you know if there are possibilites to access programs from the portal also like exe-files? 

To my knowledge, this is currently not available in Power BI Report Server.You may vote the idea here and comment there to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors