Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

slhuillier
Regular Visitor

PBIRS scheduled refresh fails since aug 2018 upgrade

A few days ago we upgraded our PBIRS server to the latest release (2018-08) (from 2018-05)

Everything works fine except the scheduled refresh the no longer works.

Most of our reports use one or two access datasources : the access files are stored on a shared folder, and PIBRS accesses these files for refreshing its reports by relying on some user credentials (these credentials are set by the user that publishes the report).

But since the 2018-08 upgrade, scheduled refresh and on demand refresh no longer works 

(on-demand : from the schedule page, you can launch an immediate refresh by clicking on the > button) 

After hours of troubleshouting (raising the logging level to get a better understanding of the issue didn't bring much), I was about to give up and restore a backup of the VM that hosts PIBRS, when I made it work simply by changing the credentials on the datasource.

A I wrote above, before upgrading, we relied on the user's credentials of the user who published the reports. By replacing these credentials by those of a domain admin (!), the refresh now works fine.

Naturally this can't be a solution... Has anyone encountered a similar issue and found an appropriate solution ?

Thanks for any help.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.