Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Steffe
Helper I
Helper I

PBIRS "new portal experience" questions

Hi,

In Sept 2021 release of PBIRS there is a new default look and feel.

* Are there any changes for the brand files (colors.json, ...)? I mean, is there any new attributes or so that you can use or are they all the same as in previous design? Havn´t found a "manual" on it.

* One new thing in the new layout is that the icons has changed for folders and reports. Is it possible to change the color (or icons) of those. The color is not looking good against our brand package.

icons.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Petebro
Employee
Employee

Hey there, sorry to have missed this thread til now. We have added these to be adjustible in the colors.json.

You can find a full list here in this doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/branding-the-web-portal?view=sql-server-ver1...

This was also metioned in the changelog.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Petebro
Employee
Employee

Hey there, sorry to have missed this thread til now. We have added these to be adjustible in the colors.json.

You can find a full list here in this doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/branding-the-web-portal?view=sql-server-ver1...

This was also metioned in the changelog.

Thanks. We have tested it and it works fine!

Michael_Mertens
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, 

the possibility to change the icons was just added, sse the post about the January version:

Power BI Report Server January 2022 has been Relea... - Microsoft Power BI Community

(I didn't find information regarding these changes in the standard blog post regarding the new version).

Regards

Michael

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Steffe , @vdpthomas , @awhstin ,

You can change "UsePortalV2" to "false" to back to the old layout.

portal.jpg

In addition, you can change the brand color like so: Branding the web portal - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Icey,

Thanks for your reply.

I know of the option to disable portalv2, but I've read somewhere that this is only a temporary option and that the v2 will be the only layout in the upcoming releases.
Anyway the new purple/blue icons for reports/folders/... are in no way matchable with our company colors and as far as I know those can't be changed using the theme json.

vdpthomas
Frequent Visitor

Yes, we have the same question!

We use a custom brand look and feel for our report portal. The blue icons really don't match...

awhstin

We also need to be able to adjust this back to align with our branding so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.