Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

laaxy
Frequent Visitor

PBIRS not working properly when HTTPS is configured

I have a PBIRS Instance Version 14.0.600.442 running on a Windows Server 2016.

When the Instance is configure to use HTTPS i am unable to deploy Reports from a Power BI Desktop or even upload pbix files to my PBIRS. When I remove the HTTPS URL and configure the HTTP it works as expected.

I configured the HTTPS URLs the same way as I would for a SSRS Instance (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/security/configure-ssl-connections-on-a-nati...).

Can anyone help me?

I really need my PBIRS Instance to only be accessible through HTTPS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
laaxy
Frequent Visitor

In my Log file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles\RSPortal_yyy_mm_dd.log I found the following error:

"The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."

I've done the following change on the Server Regestry:

1) Open Registry (regedit)

2) Locate the registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

3) Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4) Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.

5) Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

After this change I was able to deploy PBI Reports on the Instanz using the HTTPS link (HTTP link is disabled)!!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue here. By any chance you have a fix?? Thanks!

I had the issue but one of the later builds resolved the problem for me.

Currently using Version 1.2.6690.34729 (Build 15.0.2.402), Released: April 27, 2018

laaxy
Frequent Visitor

I have 4 Servers running the latest Build 15.0.2.402.

On 2 of them the Problem appeared to be solved with the new Build. But on the other two I still have the same Problem.

Has anyone experience the same situation and has a solution?

laaxy
Frequent Visitor

In my Log file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles\RSPortal_yyy_mm_dd.log I found the following error:

"The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."

I've done the following change on the Server Regestry:

1) Open Registry (regedit)

2) Locate the registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

3) Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4) Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.

5) Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

After this change I was able to deploy PBI Reports on the Instanz using the HTTPS link (HTTP link is disabled)!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.