Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

PBIRS extracts to Sharepoint or FTP

Hi, 

I have SSRS reports that are scheduled as .csv and excel to my email on daily basis. I want to schedule these reports to be available on Sharepoint or FTP. I managed to do so using Microsoft Flow by creating a flow that picks the attachments from my email and push to the FTP and Sharepoint. 

I am looking for alternative to push the extract from PBIRS (Power BI Report Server) directly to Sharepoint or FTP as the extracts are becoming larger and it takes more time to receive the email. 

Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Omega wrote:

I can't create UNC for my sharepoint and I need a way to connect to SFTP as well. Any ideas?

Subscriptions only support email and windows file shares. So if you cannot create a unc for sharepoint and you also need to support SFTP the only choice I can think of is to write a script using something like powershell that will run the report to generate your files locally and then push out to Sharepoint and/or SFTP.

You can use url access  to export a copy of your report and you should be able to use a method like one of the examples here https://blog.jourdant.me/post/3-ways-to-download-files-with-powershell to download the file from that url. And you should be able to google and find examples of how to upload files to Sharepoint and SFTP.

Then  it would just be a matter of using something like a SQL Agent job to schedule a script like this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Omega ,

Kindly check the below article and see if this resolve your issue

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/subscriptions/create-and-manage-subscription...

Regards

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi, 

I can't create UNC for my sharepoint and I need a way to connect to SFTP as well. Any ideas?

Thanks!

@Omega wrote:

Subscriptions only support email and windows file shares. So if you cannot create a unc for sharepoint and you also need to support SFTP the only choice I can think of is to write a script using something like powershell that will run the report to generate your files locally and then push out to Sharepoint and/or SFTP.

You can use url access  to export a copy of your report and you should be able to use a method like one of the examples here https://blog.jourdant.me/post/3-ways-to-download-files-with-powershell to download the file from that url. And you should be able to google and find examples of how to upload files to Sharepoint and SFTP.

Then  it would just be a matter of using something like a SQL Agent job to schedule a script like this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.