Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

guizzi
Frequent Visitor

PBIRS - 'SapBusinessWarehouse' that is either not registered

Hi,

I tried run a report created on Power BI Desktop with SAP BW Connection, buts on Power BI Report Server doens't works.

I recivie the error.

1.JPG

I copied the files of SAP RFCSDK and SAP GUI DLL to C:\Windows\System32 but it's not work.

What I have to do, for this connection works?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
nchambe
Advocate II
Advocate II

Have you set up a data gateway to use with Report Server? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem

I would also check the report settings in RS when viewing.

1. Go to the report's folder

2. Ellipses

3. Manage

4. Double-check "Data sources" are using the correct credentials or replace them

While you're there, you might double-check your security groups too.

Hi, thanks for replying.
Yes, I checked the user and security

1.jpg

But I did not understand the use of the Gateway to connect with SAP, could you clarify?

Hi Guizzi,

Under which account is your Power BI Report server running under? Can you try running it with a Domain Account?

The account that the server is running under needs to have access to the provider files.

Also, can you clarify what type of report you are using? Is this directquery or for refresh? Lastly, can you confim if this error is just testing connection? For Directquery I have seen the test connection failing, but opening the report seems to work fine. The test connection is an issue we will investigate.

Thanks

-G

After you upload the pbix file to PBI RS, you have to re-configure the data source info. Looks like the credential info you set at PBI Desktop is not recorded at PBI RS. Not sure it is a bug or not.  but I think the credential info shoud be save to server automatically, otherwise user have to take more work to set the credential info. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.