Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skiper
Helper I
Helper I

PBIRS Reports embedded in website or organization Sharepoint

Hi

I am trying to find the solution about embedding the PBI Report Server Reports into website and Sharepoint. I have read different documentations but did not find any clear proof that it could be done. Almost all documents point toward embedding using PBI Services instead of Report Server, 

I even tried different posts in this community but in vain. NOT A CLEAR STEPS ABOUT HOW TO ACCOMPLISH THIS.

I shall be highly obliged if anyone can come up with solution

Good on you 

/Skiper

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I don't know Sharepoint, but I am using "Report Viewer Controls" in my custom web applications.

This link may lead you for a starting point :  Integrating Reporting Services into Applications 

If my post solved your problem, mark my post as a solution to help others to quickly find it and also please give it a 👍

View solution in original post

@skiper wrote:

But is there any option Like PBI Services has  ?

I was pretty sure the PBI Service uses iframes for embedding also. If you are already using iframes what is the issue you are trying to solve?

Then there is another website i have gone through but i do not understand how to use this, link is following

https://app.swaggerhub.com/apis/microsoft-rs/PBIRS/2.0#/DataSets/GetDataSetDataSources

That is a link to the Report Server REST API documentation. The API lets you get and set metadata from the report server, but it does not render reports.

@saglamtimur - The report viewer control only works with paginated reports and last time I looked it was also generating an iframe under the covers, it was just hiding some of that complexity from the end user.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You'd normally do this using an iFrame. There is documentation on this here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/quickstart-embed 

Hi 

Thanks for your reply, Apart from your suggested solution, is there anyother solution, because we are already using Iframe, embedding into sharepoint site. But is there any option Like PBI Services has  ?

Then there is another website i have gone through but i do not understand how to use this, link is following

https://app.swaggerhub.com/apis/microsoft-rs/PBIRS/2.0#/DataSets/GetDataSetDataSources

can you are somebody explain what is happening in above link?

Best regards

Skiper

@skiper wrote:

But is there any option Like PBI Services has  ?

I was pretty sure the PBI Service uses iframes for embedding also. If you are already using iframes what is the issue you are trying to solve?

That is a link to the Report Server REST API documentation. The API lets you get and set metadata from the report server, but it does not render reports.

@saglamtimur - The report viewer control only works with paginated reports and last time I looked it was also generating an iframe under the covers, it was just hiding some of that complexity from the end user.

I don't know Sharepoint, but I am using "Report Viewer Controls" in my custom web applications.

This link may lead you for a starting point :  Integrating Reporting Services into Applications 

If my post solved your problem, mark my post as a solution to help others to quickly find it and also please give it a 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.