Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dianaschnuth
Advocate I
Advocate I

PBIRS May 2020 - Paginated report tooltips pop up in unexpected places

I'm currently converting some paginated reports from SSRS 2014 to PBIRS May 2020, and I find that tooltips now appear FAR above and to the left of their associated element. This happens for column headers in a matrix, bars in a graph, textboxes... but it doesn't happen consistently. Sometimes, the tooltips appear right where one would expect them to be, and sometimes they're farther to the left than others. Sometimes they go off-screen.

This behavior happens whether the report is rendered via the /Reports/report URL or the /ReportServer/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx URL. Has anyone else seen this?

--Diana Schnuth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bradsy
Employee
Employee

I have not seen this, but it could be browser related. Are you using a modern browser and not IE?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dianaschnuth
Advocate I
Advocate I

@bradsy  Good call on checking different browser behavior. Edge and IE 11 both display the tooltips as expected, but Chrome displays the tooltips to the upper left of where they should be. This behavior only happens for the first tooltip displayed in a given visual, though; for example, when hovering over bars in a graph, the first tooltip will be misplaced, but they'll be fine when hovering over other bars in the same graph.

@Greg_Deckler  I did check the Issues forum, but came back empty-handed, so I thought I'd try posting here before raising an actual issue. At least now I have some additional data points to provide! (Also, thanks for the props on my avatar! My son drew that portrait of me back when he was in kindergarten, and I immediately saw its potential for being my default profile pic from then on.) 🙂

--Diana

bradsy
Employee
Employee

I have not seen this, but it could be browser related. Are you using a modern browser and not IE?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@dianaschnuth - I have not seen this but I do not do a ton with PBIRS. Honestly, I have nothing to really add to this but I love your avatar image so much, I just had to tell you. That made my day seeing that. It's hysterical!

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors