Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PBIRS March 2018 Bookmarks and Selection Panes

Hi everyone,

I've just installed March 2018 release, much excited to try out all new features. 

However, I'm not able to use the new panes in the browser. 'Add' and 'View' links in the 'Bookmarks' pane seem disabled. I can click on the list of visuals in the 'Selection' pane but hide/show icon is disabled as well as arrow buttons on top.

Bookmarks added in Desktop are usable in the browser when the report is saved on the server.

Using Power BI Report Server Version 15.0.2.378 and Chrome 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build(64-bit).

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Maria

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
riccardomuti
Employee
Employee

Power BI Report Server supports web viewing, but not web editing, so you create your report, and your bookmarks, in Power BI Desktop, and can then view and navigate through them in your web browser.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
riccardomuti
Employee
Employee

Power BI Report Server supports web viewing, but not web editing, so you create your report, and your bookmarks, in Power BI Desktop, and can then view and navigate through them in your web browser.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @riccardomuti,

Thank you for confirming, I finally came up with the the same assumption.

And thanks to the whole team for your work and dedication! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please share how did you resolve the issue as i have been facing the same problem. I have set bookmarks in PBIRS Desktop March 2018 but the same is not working in Report when view the report. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

Please make sure to clear your browser's cache and try again. Many community users had the same issue with new features "not working".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks mrphinche!!

It's working fine now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.