Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Xax
Regular Visitor

PBIRS Could not load folder contents

Hi,

I installed PBIRS, configured it, and it works, but not correctly. When I go to localhost/reports it is ok, and I can se site, etc. But when i try to go to this site (IPadress/reports) from another PC, this site shown, but i get comunicate: "You are not allowed to view this folder". As i gues, this is becouse it doesn't have permissions but I don't know how to give it on this PC/account.

I saw some posts, like this one for example https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/How-to-access-the-Power-BI-Report-Server-reports-remo... but when i go to site settings -> security, only thing I can do ist to edit permissions for administator and add new user, but when I try to do it, I see: "The user or group name 'user3' is not recognized."

Thanks for any help,

Have a nice day 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
imvickeyrajpoot

Hello,

I have specific blog/article on this issue. You can visit this below site for more info aand troubleshooting!

https://kingfishertechtips.in/could-not-load-folder-contents-in-portal-url/ 

eric8181
Regular Visitor

I recently upgraded to Power BI September 2023 and encountered the same problem.   All of our end-users are unable to view any reports they previously had access to.  Granting them elivated permissions or creating admin accounts is not an option.  I noticed this ticket was reported a few years ago and yet still no resolution.  

Kimtech256

This is a permission issue on the folder. In this case home folder. Log into the PowerBI Server as Admin and assign your new user browser permission on the home folder. That's it!

Let me know if that solves your issue 😊

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Xax,

1. Please use the same URL IPadress/reports on the server with admin permission, check if you can access the web portal. 

2. When granting a user/group permission to access report server, please enter a Windows domain user or group account in this format: <domain>\<account>. For more information, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/security/grant-user-access-to-a-report-serve...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for Your help @v-qiuyu-msft,

I tried to make user as WORKGROUP\<name> (i found my domain is WORKGROUP, but I'm not 100% sure it is it) and it still doesn't work.

But I made group named "Users" and I don't know why, but it works. I gave that group permissions and now I can login and see reports from other PC in my localgroup.

So, it helps in 50% for me, but I probably missunderstood something and if it is true I'd be glad if You correct me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I migrated my SQL report to Power BI report server and as I tried to open if from reports link, I encountered the same error "Could not load folder contents". Though I can access reportserver as expected. I also did the same of what you did (BUILTIN/Users) and still I encounter the same. Any thoughts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.